Foreskin cut or not cut?
Foreskin cut or not cut?
If the foreskin is too long, it should not be cut. "How big is the risk of surgery" and "how to choose the timing of surgery" are issues that entangle many male and male parents. Experts point out that unless there are repeated infections and endangering one's and partner's health, don't use the knife lightly if the foreskin is too long, and don't blindly believe in the "sword walking away from the front" treatment method, so as not to hurt the "life root".
Physiological phimosis can be relieved after growing up
"Excessive foreskin is very common in baby boys. If you look closely, most of them are phimosis, which can be divided into physiological and pathological." Wu Gangquan, director of pediatric surgery at Dongguan Maternal and Child Health Hospital, pointed out that the foreskin is too long The child's foreskin covers the urethral opening, but can turn up, exposing the urethral opening and penis head. The phimosis of the phimosis babies cannot be turned up, and the foreskin mouth is very small. Some babies become phimosis because the foreskin is not cleaned in time, and the foreskin sticks to the glans after inflammation. If you enter puberty, the glans is still completely covered by the foreskin and cannot be turned out, forming a pathological phimosis, especially for repeated infections, you can consider surgery.
Compared with adult surgery, the risk of circumcision in infants is not small. First, the baby needs general anesthesia, which requires high levels of anesthesia in the hospital. The second is to move the knife on the small genitals. If the skills of the pediatric surgeon are not good enough, it is easy to get into trouble.
If a baby is to undergo foreskin surgery, three conditions should be met:
First, the child has repeated inflammation, always urinating frequently, and the foreskin is red and swollen;
The second is serious foreskin;
The third is to affect urination.
Director Wu Gangquan pointed out that phimosis is more likely to contaminate dirt and cause repeated inflammation. Therefore, the time period for choosing foreskin surgery is mostly around 3-14 years. After the foreskin enters the developmental stage, the child avoids unnecessary infections, allows the penis to develop better, and keeps the children from playing in the same age Inferiority due to short genitals.
Adults: wrong surgical approach easily leads to "life root" necrosis
Many men with long foreskins are afraid that prolonged prolongation will affect sexual function and their health, and they are more likely to resort to the so-called "swordless" treatment methods such as "no pain and no bleeding". Experts point out that the correct surgical method should be selected in regular hospitals.
So what are the foreskin surgical methods currently used for adult and child safety?
(1) Traditional circumcision surgery;
(2) "Disposable circumcision suture" surgery;
(3) circumcision surgery.
To sum up: Should the foreskin be cut? How do parents grasp?
We summarize the following indications and considerations for foreskin surgery:
Foreskin surgery indications
1. First, under the guidance of a professional doctor, correctly distinguish whether the child is a phimosis or a long foreskin, and whether it is accompanied by an inflammatory infection;
2. If children with preschool age (3-6 years old) are selected for surgery, they need to be hospitalized under anesthesia due to the problem of coordination. For children over 6 years old, they can undergo outpatient surgery and go home on the same day;
3. The currently applicable foreskin surgical methods are (1) traditional circumcision surgery;
(2) "Disposable circumcision suture" surgery;
(3) Foreskin ring surgery; the choice of the surgical method depends on the development of the penis and whether it is accompanied by foreskin inflammation.
Should rest in bed after surgery
Children usually choose foreskin surgery at the age of 3-14 years. They need to rest for two to three weeks after surgery. It is best to rest in bed for a few days after surgery to avoid strenuous activities. Adults who undergo circumcision surgery do not have strict requirements on the choice of specific time. And can do it anytime. However, you should rest for two to three weeks after the operation. It is best to rest in bed for a few days after the operation. Avoid sexual stimulation during recovery. It is recommended that you resume sexual life after eight weeks. In addition to the traditional circumcision operation, a "disposable circumcision suture device" operation can also be adopted. This method has a short operation time, uniform incisions, almost no bleeding, and rapid postoperative recovery, which has basically replaced traditional surgery.
Established in 2009, Dongguan Pediatric Surgery has achieved tremendous development through joint efforts in recent years. This discipline has become a discipline with a solid foundation, a sound talent team, strong technical force, advanced equipment, and medical education research and development. One of the largest pediatric surgical disease treatment centers and academic lead units in Dongguan.
There are 1 chief physician, 1 deputy chief physician, 2 attending physicians, and 3 postgraduates. Pediatric Surgery consists of pediatric general surgery, pediatric urology, and neonatal surgery professional groups; it has a total of 45 pediatric surgical ICUs and general beds, with an annual operation volume of more than 1,000 units, and an annual outpatient volume of more than 23,000, and Olympus abdominal cavity Mirrors, Johnson & Johnson scalpels and other high-precision equipment.
Pediatric Surgery is a courageous pioneering and innovative team. In recent years, the company has continued to innovate and break new ground in its business, actively developing new technologies such as pediatric foreskin surgery, pediatric and neonatal laparoscopic surgery, and has won the approval of peer experts and the general praise of patients. At present, our department undertakes 2 science and technology projects in Dongguan, and has published more than 20 papers in domestic journals, which have been awarded
Do not force it when cleaning the foreskin!
Experts point out that the following points should be noticed in the daily life of those with long foreskins or phimosis:
1. Foreskins who are too old should flip the foreskin every day when they shower, leaving the glans exposed, cleaning the foreskin, and turning back to the foreskin after it is partially dry.
2. Baby phimosis, parents should insist on pushing the foreskin up every day, it should be pushed up gently and gradually, do not try to turn it all the way down, it is best to take it in the shower, clean the anus before washing the urethra to avoid infection.
3. Do not wear open crotch pants for baby boys to expose the genitals. Change regularly if wearing diapers. Adult men should pay attention to cleaning the genitals before and after sex.
4. When the foreskin is flipped, the redness and swelling may be damaged. The erythromycin eye ointment can be used to smear the damaged area. Do not use potassium permanganate to sit in a bath when inflammation occurs in infants, as it is difficult to grasp the concentration during deployment, which will cause the child's scrotal skin and even the urethral orifice to be corroded. Even when adults use potassium permanganate solution for local cleaning, pay attention to the concentration, and avoid excessive concentrations to avoid local burns.
Due to the coming of winter vacation, there are more patients with surgery. From January 3rd, pediatric surgery in our hospital has started to make appointments for foreskin surgery. Appointments can be selected by appointment and telephone appointments. Foreskin surgery days are every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. At 4 pm, if you need to make an appointment, please call the Pediatric Surgery Clinic No. 11-13 on the second floor of our clinic or call: 0769-23323109; 0769-23323058